My Mojo's Back, Baby!

8:57 AM

My sock knitting mojo, anyway. Look what I finished last night!

Angel's Rest w/Yarn

Angel's Rest: Stand-up

Angel's Rest: Toes

Behold: Angel's Rest, one of the Peak Experience Socks from Fiber Trends. The colorway is called "Rum Runner" and is exclusive to members of the Yarn Pirate Booty Club.

Unlike the Jaywalkers which took about two weeks each, this baby took about a week from cast on to cast off. There's only one little "oops" in it, but I'm not going to tell you what it is. I'm guessing you won't be able to find it, either. I'm very proud of myself for leaving it in--normally I would have ripped back to fix it, but I'm trying to lighten up a little.

I really like the scalloped cuff instead of the traditional ribbing:

Angel's Rest: Cuff

Girly? Perhaps. But I still dig it.

I'm also really happy with how the toe and heel came out.

Angel's Rest: Toe

Angel's Rest: Heel Close-up

I'll cast on for the second sock after I finish posting. The Beloved has been in beastly pain for the past week or so with an abscessed tooth. Today he gets to go for a root canal and I'm going to wait patiently for him like the good and devoted wife I am. Hopefully, I'll get a fair amount cranked out on sock #2 during my wait.

While I'm really happy with how this sock came out, and I'm excited to knit the second one, I'm wondering if my next Booty Club Shipment shouldn't be a plain ol' vanilla sock. The colors are so beautiful and a plain sock may show them off better than any stitch pattern could.

I say this now...but who knows what will happen when the skein is actually in my hot little hands?

So, yes. My sock knitting mojo is back. But it seems to have returned at the expense of my spinning mojo. I am not having any luck finishing off the batt I've been working with. I keep doing stupid things, or the yarn breaks (probably because of something stupid I've done), and I get frustrated and swear. So, not much has gotten done. It's been beastly hot and humid over the past several days, so I'm going to use that as my excuse. I simply don't function well when it's hot, and apparently my wool doesn't function well, either.

In other news, the peaches are coming along nicely as are the blackberries. That means I'm going to have to decide what to do with all that fruit right quickly. Any ideas?

You Might Also Like

5 observations

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images