Moss Stitch Baby Blanket and Other Adventures in Yarn

9:48 PM


See the nice, even, orderly balls of yarn? This is the current state of the moss stitch baby blanket. I decided to just pull the darned thing out and start over. I was knitting with two strands of yarn held together throughout and if I realized what an absolute pain in the ass it was going to be to rewind the yarn, I may have seen the wretched thing through. Frogging took no time at all. Untangling the yarn--that took me through a viewing of The Usual Suspects, a documentary on the History Channel, and two episodes of Law and Order: Criminal Intent on Bravo. Can you see a neck behind the yarn? Yeah--that's Gaius Octavian Caesar. Fortunately I was done tangling in time to watch this week's installation of Rome on HBO. Antony and Cleopatra met at the end of tonight's episode. The anticipation almost makes up for the yarn debacle. Almost. The bad news is there are only two episodes left--which is a shame, because this has been an excellent series.

This has actually been a weekend steeped in the ancient world. Well, sort of. Yesterday, The Beloved and I went and saw 300. It was excellent eye candy. Very stylized--if you didn't know it was based on a graphic novel going in, you could tell based solely on the cinematography. You could almost see the movement from frame to frame, the blood spatter hung in the air. It was unbelievable. The writing, however, brought us right back to Planet Earth. Holy cow. It was like a montage of every testosterone war flick ever. If you've read the review in The New York Times, they hit the nail square on the head. The Beloved was entranced. Must be a boy thing.

But enough of my weekend entertainment. Did you notice? A picture of yarn? My camera phone is finally sending pictures and so I can post them. The quality is a little lousy, but it works. For now. Until I can motivate enough to acquire a real camera. But that takes a lot of energy, and as you can see, I've got quite a bit of knitting to do...

You Might Also Like

1 observations

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images