It's Beginning to Look a Bit Like Christmas

10:11 PM

Thank you for your kind thoughts and comments. I apologize for my little pity party--stress levels got a little out of hand chez Saisquoi.

Things are better. We got a tree. It's not a regular tree--apparently, it's really hard to find one for sale the week before Christmas. Who knew? The Rotary people were never around, so their charities did not get my money this year. We went to the Home Depot and we could have gotten a frozen, crusty tree for $50, but that just seemed a bit steep. Particularly since the trees were, you know, frozen, so we couldn't tell if they were full or spindly or anything else. So we went to BJs and spent $17.99 on this:

This is a Norfolk Island Pine. Or something. It's not ideal. The Beloved calls it our Truffula Tree. I guess it looks a bit Seussean. But it's a tree. With lights. And the Christmas Angel.

Isn't she pretty? It took me many years to find "the" angel. In fact, she only came into my life last year, and I like her so much that she stays out long after the tree has gone--she lives on the hutch when she isn't on the tree.

Anyhow. Since the tree is live, if I can keep it alive through the winter we could theoretically plant it in the spring. But I'm not very good with plants, so I'm not keeping my hopes up.

Other holiday things...tomorrow is the staff holiday party at work. I'm bringing a tomato tart. (Libby's recipe, you can find it here.) I know it isn't tomato season, but it's the best idea I could come up with. Right now the pastry is baking away and I'll put it together tomorrow morning before I leave.

Saturday Franklin is going to be doing his 1000 knitters thing up in Brunswick. Weather permitting, I think I'm going to go. I've got about a zillion things I should be doing, but, honestly, I'm feeling a bit selfish and so I plan to act on it. Neener neener neener. When I get home, I plan on meeting up with my college roommate for our annual gift wrapping and viewing of "It's a Wonderful Life" party. That counts as stuff I should be doing, right?

You Might Also Like

3 observations

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images