Endings and Beginnings

8:44 PM

I know I've been quiet for a while.

Losing Polly was very hard. I brought her home today--which was also hard. The Beloved said to me, I don't know if we'll ever find another cat like her. And he's right--we may never find another cat like Polly. It will be a while before I'm even ready to look for another. It will likely be close to a year. The other three cats need some time to adjust because there are some big changes coming down the pike.

A while ago I mentioned that I had figured out why I was so tired all the time. And today I got to hear the heartbeat of our baby (the Tadpole) who is due to arrive in January. It was strong and steady and sounded really, really great.

There's a lot to do between now and January, and hopefully my energy level will start to return. PFC Sibling asked today how many baby items I've knit--she said she keeps reading about Suri Cruise's multi-million dollar wardrobe, and will my baby be in People Magazine for the largest collection of handknits in the U.S.? I'm ashamed to admit that I've been working on a burp cloth and a baby hat for the past month. I've been so tired and I just haven't wanted to knit. Plus, it's been hotter 'n hell around here, lately. God willing, the knitting mojo will return.

I'm hopeful--my appetite is beginning to return. So maybe it's just a matter of time.

You Might Also Like

3 observations

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images