Such a lemming...

10:42 AM

So, a few days ago I read on Maria's blog that she was joining the Grey's Anatomy KAL. And it sounded like fun. Except I don't watch Grey's Anatomy. I know--I'm probably the only woman in America who doesn't watch it, but Thursday nights are bad for me (I have a choir rehearsal), and, truth be told, I'm watching less regular programming as it airs and instead opting for more series once they hit DVD. The Beloved and I are currently making our way through Buffy the Vampire Slayer and The X-Files.

Anyway. Yesterday Libby wrote about joining the Grey's KAL. And it sounded like so much fun and I was so jealous. So I went KAL Shopping. And found this one: The Romantic Hand Knits-Along. This, actually, turns out to be perfect for me. Last week, The Beloved being as wonderful as he can sometimes be, gave me this fabulous book for my birthday.

I can't tell you how beautiful it is. My only problem? I want to make one of everything. Joining the KAL will (hopefully) force me to choose something and purchase the requisite materials in time for the November 1 start date. My favorite pattern is probably "The Bishop's Wife," which is a 1930s shirtwaist-style dress. However, I'm too chicken to knit myself a dress right now for oh-so-many reasons. Instead, I'm looking at tops. And I just love oh-so-many of them. Do you have any opinions? Any thoughts? If you've seen the book or pictures of the projects, give me a shout with your thoughts. If you haven't seen the book, get thee to a bookstore or your LYS right quick so you can check it out. You'll be glad you made the trip.

You Might Also Like

6 observations

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images