New Year's Wishes

6:10 PM

I've been thinking now for several days about what I wanted say to close out 2007 and bring in 2008. And I've come back to a few things I wanted to share with you...which is kind of funny because they're things that you have shared with me.

The first I owe directly to a friend of mine from church--he sent this quote from spiritual activist and founder of The Peace Alliance Marianne Williamson. But the sentiment is something that I have gathered from the past several months of reading all of your stories over the past 10 months or so.

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate.
Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.
It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us.
We ask ourselves, "Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented and fabulous?"
Actually, who are you not to be?
You are a child of God.
Your playing small doesn't serve the world.
There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you.
We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us.
It is not just in some of us: it's in everyone.
And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same.
As we are liberated from our own fears, our presence automatically liberates others.


Thank you all for sharing your light. Reading your stories has given me the encouragement and the permission to shine just a little brighter myself. And for that, I am ever so grateful.

The second comes from another Marianne: and that is "Happy Knitting to all, and continue making good times." It's taken me months of reading your blog, but the week before Christmas it finally hit me--that's what it's all about, isn't it? If we're not making good times, there's something seriously wrong with our planning. So, even if your plans didn't include that impromptu cup of coffee with that old friend, or the night out with the girls...a trip to a yarn store 90 minutes away to take part in the 1,000 knitters project or something else with the potential of making a damned fine memory...if your plans don't include those things, they sure should.

So, if you don't knit, insert your activity or hobby of choice in place, but whatever you choose I wish you all the happiest of New Years, and continue making good times.

You Might Also Like

2 observations

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images